Don’t forget that once you move into your new home there are maintenance issues that you need to periodically take care of to keep your home in its best condition possible. These are tips I like to give to my buyers once they have moved in:
1. Every now and then, check under all sinks for any signs of leaks. This could prevent major water damage. It’s also a good idea to do this before you go on an extended trip.
2. When it comes to your furnace filters, try to change them monthly.
3. Once a year drain your water heater.
4. Make sure to test your circuit breakers 2 times a year. Of course, I am not an electrician, but it probably would be a good idea to contact one if you are having any problems.
5. Try to fix things around your home before something goes wrong. Especially when it comes to roofs, air conditioning units and water heaters. Never feel bad about getting a SECOND opinion on an estimate. About, 6 years ago I had a problem with our air conditioner. I called someone out, who told me I would need an entire NEW unit. I went ahead and got a second opinion, and all it needed was some FREON. Instead of paying a couple of thousand, I only spent $50.00. And, Yes, the air conditioner is still working fine to this very day.